Monday, June 1, 2015

Detroit Temple Trip

My companion Elder Puente
 This week was busy--not too much missionary stuff, just other things. I'm staying with Elder Puente for another six weeks here. We got the call Saturday night after we went to the adult session of stake conference. I've decided that the Westland Michigan Stake is my home stake now. I love the stake president. I can feel how much he loves the people. He is funny and normal. His topic was ward council and he did a great job. He closed off the meeting and made it worth while! I want to stay in this stake until I end my mission. I don't want to move out! Hopefully God keeps me here!

This week I got to go to the temple for my year trip. It was good. There were nine missionaries plus President and Sister Gerber so it was great. The Detroit temple was so pretty but so small compared to the temples that I'm used to back in the holy land ha-ha. After the session we went to the mission home and ate lunch. Then President Gerber gave us some instruction and talked about what kind of impression we want to leave on the mission. It was really good. I could sit and talk to that man all day!

I just came from the hospital. Someone called for a blessing and we went. I prayed before so that I could have the spirit. I about broke down in the parking lot! I don't know why, I just felt all teary. I felt like something cool about to happen. Elder Puente anointed and I gave the man a blessing. I stood in the place of God today! I told that man he would be well because of the faith of his children. He was in ICU, on a ventilator, and covered in tubes. I felt like I said what I said  just because I've thought that it would be cool to say that with so much power, you know--just a cool thing to say. Well, the spirit let me know that I had said what I was suppose to say. Wow! Talk about awesome! That was the most spiritual experience that happened this week!

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.  I hope that you have a good day!

Love, 
  Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment