Monday, May 18, 2015

Life is Good!

We had a lot of really neat miracles this week. I decided to switch my focus, It's really hard to work and have faith that God is going to give you blessings when you don't feel like you are getting any. So I decided that I was just going to talk to people about whatever. It actually helped. I still get really burned out knocking doors, hour after hour, but I find cool people to talk to. This week I talked to an Atheist for a good half-hour about his old cars. He didn't want to talk about Jesus but in the end we did talk a little about Him, so that was good. It is the little things that I'm striving to look for. And then when we get in at night, I'll write them down in my planner for that day so I can't forget. It's a slow process of change. I still get moody after knocking on doors too long but it's changing slowly. It's almost like a game now.

We actually found a really cool guy named Dave. We have a lesson with him tomorrow. He suffers from depression and had made some bad choices so he lost his little girl and his ex-wife won't let him see her. He is sufficiently humbled, I hope. And then we met a teacher on that same street. She pretty much explained the restoration down to the apostles' death but she didn't know what happened after that. So we gave her a pamphlet and said it would answer her question. She didn't want to end on a bad note, so we left. I am so going back there to see her again this week some time! A pretty good week--hopefully this next one is even better!

Life is good. The ward is okay. I love some people and that is about all I know. I really don't know anyone very well-- no one close to Brother Pengelli! I have found some really great old people to love, so I can't complain (except they aren't in my area, which is the shaft!) Finding is hard but it isn't suppose to be easy, I guess. Where would the fun be in that?!

I hope that you have a good week. Talk to you soon!

Love,
   Cooper
The smoulder,
The crazy,
The haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment