Monday, January 12, 2015

In Detroit and Humble

This week was good. We had so many good appointments with our investigators! There have been a couple really good days of tracting so we had some potentials to actually work with this time. I love it when we have days that we actually work hard and get somewhere. There are a lot of days we go hard but it feels like we are just spinning our tires and not actually getting anywhere.

I got to go on exchanges this week and that was a very humbling experience. We met with a man who is less active. He had nothing. He had a space heater in a tiny room in his house. I'm pretty sure he was wearing all the clothes that he owned and he had a sheet to cover himself with. That was pretty much it. I didn't hear him complain the whole time I was there. He kept praising God and saying how good He was. I wanted to cry. I felt so bad that he was living like that and all I could think is "if I was where he was, could I still thank God?" I really doubt that I could. I wasn't thankful for what I had before and I had it all! This man had a sheet and a space heater--that was it, and he was thankful. It was truly humbling.  To help you understand why it was such a shocker to me is because we visited him on a day it was negative 20 with the wind chill. We missionaries were only suppose to be out 30 minutes at a time, it was so cold!

We also got to have interview which I really enjoyed. Today we got to go on a district outing. We had a member take us to Detroit-- like the center of it! We got to see all the sights and eat some of the food. It was really neat! I loved it! These are some pictures I took of the graffiti and the other stuff. I even got a picture of Canada! I will be getting some others from a sister but that won't be for a couple weeks so you'll have to deal with the ones I send.

Well, I love you. Have a good week!

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment