Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Visit from Elder Oaks

This week was awesome! We had a lot of cool things happen! We found this lady tracting a while ago. Her name is Darlene. She was really nice and said that she was interested in learning more about our message. So we finally got to go back and see her. I guess her daughter researched a lot of religions and Darlene read a little about the Mormons and really liked what she had read. She watched the play "The Book of Mormon" and was surprised when we knocked on her door. She didn't realize that we actually went door-to-door. We taught her the restoration and she loved it. She asked if we thought that she would be a good Mormon. We told her no, she wouldn't be a good Mormon--we knew she could be a great one! It was a good lesson. The Spirit was there and we said what we were suppose to say. I can't wait to meet with her and tell her more about the gospel!

We also got to go to the Detroit car show yesterday. We got a new ward mission leader (which I'm pumped about!) and he took us and dropped us off. We got to wander around the car show for a while. There were a lot of elders that we knew there and I even got to talk to a lady about our religion and gave her a pass along card! It was cool but I got bored after a while--I was done looking at cars. We got to sit in some of the cars, so that was great! It was a good trip!

We also got to talk to Elder Oaks this week which was awesome! We got to take a picture with him and then he and a couple area authorities talked to us. Elder Oaks talked about the atonement and how it's not something that happens in the future..it's an every day thing. The Lord knows how we feel at any point in our day. It was cool. Elder Oaks was really funny too . We were all nervous and he put us right at ease. He told a joke about hand sanitizer. He had asked Elder Nelson if hand sanitizer really killed germs. He replied, "I don't know but it sure makes them drunk!" ha-ha  It was good to know that he was human. It was really cool to shake his hand. You could see the light in his eyes.  It was crazy! I want to be like that, or a little like that, when I get home. It was awesome.

Other than that, nothing too crazy happened. Oh, so the other day at church, we were sitting there and Elder Oviatt went to get a bag of little rings for some kids in our ward and I see this tampon drop out of his bag. I started laughing and he put it in his bag really fast. No one but me saw what it was. It was so funny! He thinks his dad put it in there but he bought his bag second-hand so we don't know. It was really funny.

I'll talk to you next week. This week we have transfer calls. Next Monday I'll know if I'm going or staying. I think I'll be staying but you never know! Have a good week!

Love,
    Cooper
Michigan Detroit Mission with Elder Oaks


No comments:

Post a Comment