Monday, January 26, 2015

Goodbye Elder Oviatt

Last day with Elder Oviatt
So transfers came. I'm staying and Elder Oviatt is leaving! We got the call Saturday night and I can't lie, I wasn't really expecting that! I either thought we were going to stay together or he would stay while I moved on but neither happened. I guess God heard what I thought and laughed for a second. Elder Oviatt's excited but nervous to go. This is his first area. I know how it is. I still miss the people in Northville. That is what I consider my home. The members took good care of me. Elder Oviatt is going through that same thing but he's good to go! I'm excited to see where he'll go and who will have to deal with me, poor guy.

This week was good. We had a lot of stuff to do. We got to help a couple people move and that was nice.  We also got to chop some fire wood. I never thought I would say this, but I almost want to do it now! Manual labor is nice. It makes my body as tired as my spirit is after a long day.

We got to meet with Darlene again this week and she is just the best ever! We taught her about the Book of Mormon. We were trying to make some point or explain something to her and couldn't quite get it out. She smiled and told us it was okay. She knew what we meant and not to worry. She knows we are new at this and it will be a while before we are comfortable with her and her with us. It was like being in the MTC again. She is so awesome. I can't wait we meet with her tomorrow at 2. I pray that she read and prayed so she can know the Book of Mormon is true!! Oh, by the way, I gave Darlene one of the Book of Mormons that you and the family sent me at Christmas. It has our family picture and testimony in it. She was one that I knew that you guys thought should have one. We'll have to see if she says anything about it this week!

That was the coolest part of the week. We also got a couple more potential investigators and a family of new investigators. I'm pumped! I've decided that the goal this transfer is to make the people in our ward love me! The riff between missionaries and members ends with me! We got a new ward mission leader and the whole world is about to change! I'm thrilled! The ward mission leader is Brother Pinto. He remembers being a missionary so it's great. He wants to work and help and is willing to put in the effort to do it. Great things are going to start happening!

I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
  Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment