Monday, October 20, 2014

Process of Purification

This week was great! Elder Warner and I are doing this thing called the "process of purification." It's where you fast and ask God to help you get your will more in line with His. It's pretty awesome! You start with a fast. Then you write the things that come to you through prayer or study.  Those are the things you give up. Lets just say that it is super hard! This is the second week doing it and I feel a change in us already. It's amazing!

We knocked more doors this week than I have ever done before and I actually loved it. I realized that nothing really makes me happy out here. The food is blah and sleep isn't satisfying. It's sad. I recognized I was happier out knocking doors than I was doing anything else. I'm not saying that it was any different but we changed. We are getting a lot better at stating simply what we are there for. We found three new people to teach, all in the same neighborhood. It took us 25 hours of knocking doors to do it, but we did it and actually enjoyed it! Two of those new investigators are "golden." They are looking for it.

One man is Craig. He's in his 50's, married with kids and is super cool. He let us right in his house when we knocked on the door merely because we were Christians. He also didn't want us to shake the dust off our feet on his door. Really cool! He was amazed that we knew so much theology at such a young age. We gave him a Book of Mormon. I'm excited to meet with him this week. The other "golden" guy is named Fred. He's a single dad. We knocked on his door after it got dark and he let us right in. He said that he had one question and he asked it (cant remember what it was) and we answered it. He said he was in! We have a return appointment this Saturday for him! The third is Willy. He's from Switzerland. He also let us right in. He asked who we were. We told him we were missionaries and that we were out sharing a message with people. He said "Mormons?" And we said "Yes." He was like, "Why didn't you just say that?" He's super cool. I already love him. He's 90 and just fell backwards down a flight of steps and he wasn't hurt at all! I loved visiting with him. He has had missionaries come before but it was like eight years ago. We sat and talked about his wife who has passed away and the stuff happening in the world. It was good. I love that old man already!

So, yep! That's about how my week went. It has been a week with a lot of learning in it. One of the quotes that I love from my calender says "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" by E. E. Cummings.  It totally describes my life right now! I love you. I hope you have a great week. Know that I pray for you and the rest of the family every morning and night. You guys never leave my heart.

Love,
  Cooper
Finally wore the shirt you sent me. Have a picture for proof!


No comments:

Post a Comment