Monday, April 11, 2016

The Girls' Baptism

So this week was a great one! Here in Howell we work hard, and party hard! ha-ha (and sleep hard too!) The girls passed their interview on Thursday night. Man, I was so stressed. We had gone over on Wednesday night and went through all the questions with them. Flawless, as always! They want it and for their righteous desire, they should get it! As we were getting ready to leave one of the girls said, "Don't worry, I will only drink a little coffee when I grow up." I just about died! So we kindly but firmly helped her understand that we had just asked her mom to quit and it has been hard for her so she shouldn't even start. They passed either way!

One of the elders had his year-mark temple trip so we had his comp with us all day. It was great! He's probably my best friend in the whole district so I was happy. It caused some waves with Todd though. I guess it's hard not to be Mom's favorite. We had a good long talk about it Friday and we are getting through it. The rest of this transfer might actually be a lot better. Thursday night some elders, the ones who were at the temple, stayed and chatted a while. They are super cool and I really enjoyed it.

Camryn & Kaylee's Baptism
Saturday I was starting to stress. As always, I hate being dependent on anyone. I had made sure that I wasn't in charge but it all worked out. The girls got baptized! We had been praying for the Spirit to be there so their brother could feel it. We had almost picked Corbin up as a new investigator earlier in the week. Sister Douglas had put his name in the temple and we all were praying. I don't know if he felt it, but I did.

After we got everything cleaned up and went home. I sat down and boom! out like a light! I was so exhausted. It was funny. One of the Douglas kids had told me to stand up straight. One of the sisters from the ward stood up for me. She said that I was tired from the spiritual side--like after a trip to the temple. It was so true! I slept it off! ha-ha. Yesterday the girls were confirmed. It was good. I felt the Spirit strongly again (no nap this time). We also got a new ward mission leader. It was a cool day.

On a mission, we live for days like these! We spend all day looking and nights praying for people to be searching. It was so great to find and help them!

--Cooper



No comments:

Post a Comment